IHControlsTM Prevent False-Negative Test Results
- A negative test result – i.e., no staining – means that the patient’s tumor cells lack the protein being tested for. However, this result can be caused by a test malfunction.
- IHControlsTM are positive on-slide test controls that verify there were no malfunctions.
IHControlsTM — THE ONLY COST-EFFECTIVE
OFF-THE-SHELF IHC CONTROLS
With IHControlsTM, the Clinical Immunohistochemistry lab is on par with other types of clinical diagnostic laboratories, like Clinical Chemistry or Hematology, which already have commercial standardized test controls.
This avoids the time-consuming problem of having to produce inconsistent, non-standardized homemade controls.
Pricing is comparable to other FDA-cleared IVD controls, such as found in Clinical Chemistry & Hematology. This is far more cost-effective than homemade controls when all costs are included.
IHControlsTM Are Unique:
A Consistent, Verified Antigen Concentration In Every Lot.
- Homemade tissue controls are inherently variable, inconsistent, and of unknown concentration.
- Our proprietary tagged protein/peptide targets (e.g., HER-2) allow precise measurement of concentration, assuring consistency day-to-day, lot-to-lot, & lab-to-lab.
The Safe Choice
- Placing homemade tissue controls adjacent to the patient sample as an on-slide control creates the risk of confusing the two. This risk is eliminated with IHControlsTM.
- IHControlsTM comprise cell-sized glass microbeads coated with protein targets. These are clearly distinguishable from patient samples.